Bedtime Protein Puddin'
Published August 1, 2019
So this is an easy one. If you’re a fan of guzzling down whey protein in and around your workout, you’re gonna love this new dessert addition.
Think of casein protein as the exact opposite of whey. Because of the rapid absorption rate of amino acids from whey protein, it makes the supplement an ideal choice for repairing damage when cranking it out in the gym.
On the other hand, casein protein is a very slow digesting form of protein. Taking it before you sleep (which we hope you’re getting plenty of) allows amino acids to steadily be absorbed into the blood stream over the course of the night, getting you ready to hit another hard day in the gym.
And one more thing… it tastes wonderful!
You can make the dish as simple or as complex as you’d like. You can make it into a drink (with more added liquid) a smoothie, or a pudding. You can use milk, nut-milks, ice, fruits, peanut butter, nuts, chocolate chips, cereal, you name it.
I prefer quick and easy.
- 1 scoop of casein protein in a deep bowl (or enough to finish off your protein macros for the day.)
- With a spoon, stir in almond milk until desired texture.
- Add a little peanut butter and stir that in too.
- Add any toppings to make it look pretty and taste even yummier.
- A teeny dash of salt.
- Put in the freezer for about 5 minutes to let it harden up a little more.