10 General Physical Skills
- 1. Cardiovascular and Respiratory Endurance: the ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- 2. Stamina: the ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- 3. Strength: the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units to apply force.
- 4. Flexibility: the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- 5. Power: the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in a m minimum time.
- 6. Speed: the ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- 7. Coordination: the ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- 8. Agility: the ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- 9. Balance: the ability to control the placement of the body's center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- 10. Accuracy: the ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity. (Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.)